LGBT Position Available - Consumer Marketing Manager - IGLTA
IGLTA is the leading member-based global organization dedicated to LGBT tourism. We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual to join our not-for-profit and expand our efforts to make the world more welcoming to LGBT travelers. This is a full-time position that may be based outside of the U.S. headquarters.
Develop and execute strategies that raise the visibility of IGLTA and our business members/partners and increase our engagement with LGBT travelers worldwide. Work with our existing marketing channels and create innovative new outlets to drive more consumer traffic to our website and social media accounts. Coordinate implementation of marketing strategies with the headquarters staff. Utilize freelancers and our volunteer ambassador team to maximize effectiveness of global LGBT community initiatives (contests, offers, etc.) in multiple languages. Collaborate with Communications Director to maintain brand consistency across all marketing platforms. Liaison with the IGLTA board’s consumer task force to ensure the association’s long-term strategic plan is implemented effectively. Competitive salary and benefits; some travel required. Position reports to the President/CEO.
Two key areas to the success of the organization include growing the consumer database and growing our consumer connections via social media. This position plays a significant role in these functions and will be measured on both the growth in numbers and the quality of consumer engagement, including the international diversity involved. Quarterly reports required.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience that includes consumer campaigns related to tourism/hospitality
- Well versed in content creation, SEO/SEM
- Ability to manage projects independently while effectively communicating with headquarters staff
- Demonstrated success with social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Experience overseeing remote small teams/staff
- Highly analytical
- Degree required, preferably in marketing
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish fluency preferred)
- Some graphic design experience a plus
Please send cover letter, resume/CV and examples of consumer marketing projects to IGLTA@IGLTA.org. Expected hiring decision – late September 2015.